Christmas Series: Bow Tie Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Spinach Cream Sauce (a.k.a. Christmas Pasta)

Monday, December 9, 2013

I call this my festive Christmas pasta since it's December and soon it'll be Christmas time which I can't believe how fast the year has gone by! Anyways, the colors (red and green) on this dish also reminds me of this time of the year and the little bow tie pasta reminds of the well dressed up parties. Like I said before: festive! And the dish is really delish too! Take a look:


Recipe by Sweet Caroline

Ingredients:
1 lb. bow tie pasta
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, diced
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and black pepper

Directions:
In a large pot, add enough water and bring to a boil. Salt the water and add pasta, cook pasta until al dente; drain. Meanwhile, drain the sun-dried tomatoes and reserve oil. Heat a couple tablespoons of reserved oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté until onions are translucent. Add sun-dried tomatoes and let it cook for about a minute. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Cook until lightly thickened, season with salt and black pepper. Add spinach and once it's wilted, add grated parmesan cheese and cooked pasta, toss really well. Serve hot and enjoy!

Stay tuned for more recipes!
Christmas Series

7 comments:

Alecia said...

This looks so good! I can't wait to try it out. I'm a co-host for Tasty Tuesdays. I'd love for you to link this up tomorrow. The link runs on 10 different blogs and each link gets pinned! http://www.detoursinlife.com.

Carolina HeartStrings said...

That looks delicious. This is anytime of the year dish for sure!

Miz Helen said...

I love the flavors of your Christmas Pasta, we will really enjoy it. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and enjoy your weekend!
Miz Helen

Jen said...

Thanks so much for linking up this recipe at Tasty Tuesdays last week. I chose to have it be one of my features for this week!! Hope to see you around Tasty Tuesdays over at West Street Story again soon!
http://www.weststreetstory.com/tasty-tuesday-39-2/

Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

I love these kinds of dishes - easy and delicious :) I"ve pinned it! Thanks so much for sharing at Freedom Fridays!

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week, hope you enjoy your new Red Plate!
Miz Helen

nadia boudeffa said...

Just made this and it's so easy and DELICIOUS ! My boyfriend is currently eating it and he's speechless (probably the 3rd time I've cooked a real meal in my life) A few things I did differently was using a package of julienned sundries tomatoes that were not in oil and substituting olive oil; also I did not add Parmesan cheese to the sauce but instead sprinkled on afterward. I'll be making this amazing dish again &again!!!

 
site design by designer blogs