Thanksgiving Series: Pumpkin Custard

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Whenever I think about making a Thanksgiving dinner, I always think of all the hard work and hours of cooking which equals stress. So, I've been thinking of ways of making a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner with yummy and delicious recipes but cutting back hours of cooking and hard work, it sounds pretty great, right? and it can actually happen! 

I'll sharing easy Thanksgiving recipes for the next few days leading up to the big turkey day. Here's my easy take on dessert, instead of serving the traditional pumpkin, try this equally delicious pumpkin custard or try my easy pumpkin mousse! Take a look: 


Ingredients (6 servings):
1 can (15 ounces) 100% pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour into 6 ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins into a 9"x13" baking pan; pour hot water to create a hot bath. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until set. Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Miz Helen said...

Your Pumpkin Custard looks fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and enjoy your Thanksgiving week!
Come Back Soon
Miz Helen

anyonita green said...

Oh that looks like the PERFECT custard! It just hugs the spoon & looks so light & airy--almost mousse-like! Mmmm I'd devour that without second thought! I followed you here from the link party at Chef in Training & I'd like to invite you to come link up to my party, too. It's Tasty Tuesdays & I pin EVERY POST that gets linked up! You can find this week's party here from tomorrow: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=tasty+tuesdays

Visit Truck Accident Lawyers Site said...

I made this tonight. It was a big hit. Thank you for sharing.

 
site design by designer blogs