Apple Galette

Monday, October 21, 2013

I love the Fall season and everything that comes with it; the beautiful colorful leaves, pumpkins, everything flavored with cinnamon, apples and lots of apples! I've been baking quite a bit with apples
and improving my baking skills as well. This year I made my very first apple pie from scratch and I couldn't be more proud of myself! I'm becoming more adventurous with my baking.


I've found many different recipes of how to make a galette and eventually chose two recipes to try. My first attempt, the dough didn't work properly and it became a mess, I had to throw it away.  I just hate when a recipe goes simply wrong. My second attempt was a success, thank goodness! The galette came out beautiful and delicious. I used this recipe for the dough and I used 5-6 small apples (you can use 4 large ones) with 1/4 cup of brown sugar for the filling.


Do you love apples as much as I do?
What have you been baking this season?

Happy Baking!

2 comments:

Miz Helen said...

Caroline,
Your Apple Galette looks so pretty, you did a really good job. Wish I had a slice right now. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Anne M said...

Hi Caroline! This looks fantastic. I've made a savoury free form pie but never a fruit one but I'm going to now. Thanks so much for linking up to Thriving on Thursday. I'm featuring this at tomorrow's party.

Anne xx

 
site design by designer blogs