Peach & Strawberry Cobbler

Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm very grateful to be married to a man that knows what I love, he knows I love to cook and bake. This past Christmas, he gave me my beautiful kitchen aid mixer and about two weeks ago he came home with a cast iron pan which I've been wanting for a while now.

There are plenty of recipes that I want to try now, I've been dreaming about making a cobbler in a cast iron like forever, so I knew that would be the very first recipe to try with my new pan. The recipe is very easy and delicious. Take a look:


Recipe by Sweet Caroline

Ingredients:
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
3-4 peaches (peeled, pitted and sliced)
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour the milk and almond extract, whisking until well combined. Melt the butter in the cast iron pan over medium/high heat, remove from heat. Pour the batter into the hot pan, add the peaches and strawberries slices evenly over the top. Sprinkle with a little sugar. Bake for 1 hour, serve warm. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Lori Hart said...

Mmmm Strawberries!!! Found you over at Fantastic Thursday. I am co-hosting Tasty Tuesdays this week and would love for you to link up this recipe.
http://www.lorisculinarycreations.com/2013/07/TastyTuesdays2.html
Lori
Lori’s Culinary Creations

Martha said...

Saw your cobbler on Simple Living and Eating and it really caught my eye. So glad your husband got you the cast iron pan. You've put it to great use!!

Aubrey @ Real Housemoms said...

This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it out. I would love it if you'd share it with us over at Real Housemoms for Fabulous Fridays!

Diane Balch said...

Good man I think he has own self interests in getting you good cookware LOL. I can't image life without my cast iron pan... enjoy and I love the cobbler. Thanks for sharing it with us on foodie friday.

Miz Helen said...

I love your delicious cobbler in that Iron Skillet. I couldn't get any cooking done without my Iron Skillets. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great weekend and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Mamal Diane said...

Delicious! Thanks for joining us this week at the Let's Get Social Sunday!

Rae said...

Looks delicious! I love my cast iron skillets!

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Have a good week and enjoy your new Red Plate!
Miz Helen

 
site design by designer blogs