Mini Cherry Clafoutis

Friday, August 30, 2013

Cherry clafoutis, cherry clafoutis, cherry clafoutis, I just love saying the name! Anyways, it's also delicious and very yummy. The batter itself is very smooth, silky and shiny but once baked it becomes a nice custard with the fruits. Take a look:


Recipe from right here

Ingredients (makes 6):
1 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and cut in half
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, beat sugar and eggs until lighter in color. While beating, slowly pour in the butter. Add the flour and whisk to combine. Slowly pour in milk and vanilla extract, beating until well combined and batter is very smooth and silky. Divide cherries into 6 buttered ramekins and pour the batter over it. Bake for 20-30 minutes, it should be slightly browned and almost set in the middle. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold, either way it's delicious! 

4 comments:

BettyCupcakes said...

These are so cute and rustic looking. I love cherries and have been known to devour an entire pound all by myself. If I ever manage to bake with them, I would try this clafoutis!

Adelina Priddis said...

Oo, I need to go grab some cherries from my mom's tree! Yummy. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper said...

I absolutely love clafoutis. Thanks for the recipe!

Jess | Just Jesss said...

These look lovely, the word clafoutis is also gorgeous, I agree.
I've come over from the Le Chateau Des Fleurs linky party :)

Jess xo

 
site design by designer blogs