Pasta with Chicken, Leeks & Mushrooms

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I think I'm addicted to leeks. I want to add them to every single dish now, they're just so delicious (I can't help it). I love, love, love this pasta with chicken, leeks and mushrooms and I think you'll too. Take a look:


Recipe by Sweet Caroline

Ingredients:
1 large chicken breast, chopped
1 leek (cut lengthwise, thinly sliced, washed and drained)
1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 lb spaghetti or any pasta of your choice
Olive oil
Salt and black pepper

Directions:
In a large pot, add enough water and bring to a boil. Salt the water and add pasta, cook pasta until al dente; drain. Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. Add chicken and cook chicken completely, remove chicken from pan and set aside. Add leeks and sweat until soft, adding a little water to encourage softening if necessary. Once the leeks are soft, add the mushrooms and sauté for a couple of minutes, add the wine and heavy cream and bring to a boil. Cook until lightly thickened, season with salt and black pepper. Add the mozzarella and cooked pasta, toss really well. Serve hot and enjoy!

5 comments:

Nancy Piran said...

Oh my this look delicious!!

Adelina Priddis said...

Sounds wonderful with the leeks! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

Garden Chef said...

Oh, I love how it looks! It must taste good! From Foodie Friday link up.

Diane Balch said...

It is close to breakfast time for me while I look at this amazing recipe of yours... and honestly if I had the ingredients I would make it now. Pinning this. thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

Diane Balch said...

Just want you to know that I will be featuring your pasta this friday. Thank you again for being part of foodie friday.

 
site design by designer blogs