Breakfast Series: Raisin Bread French Toast

Monday, June 10, 2013

It has been a while since I did a breakfast series post but this one is worth the wait! I was in the mood for some french toast this morning but I didn't have a baguette, so I remembered that my husband had bought some raisin bread the night before and then it came to my mind - why not make it with the raisin bread? Not only it was a great substitute for the baguette but the overall result was delish and a little of a twist on the classic recipe. Take a look:


Recipe by Sweet Caroline

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Few slices of raisin bread

Directions:
In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla. Over medium heat, heat a skillet with some butter. Dip the bread slices (one at a time) into the mixture, and let it sit for a few seconds on each side. Transfer the slice to the skillet and cook the slice until it gets crispy on each side. Serve hot with some butter and maple syrup.

2 comments:

Miz Helen said...

We would just love this bread. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Amy @ The Stitchin Mommy said...

Hi Caroline! I love raisin bread french toast! I'm stopping by to thank you for linking up to last week's Get Crafty Friday. Your french toast has been featured this week! I hope you share with us again. Have a wonderful weekend!

-Amy @ The Stitchin' Mommy
http://www.thestitchinmommy.com/2013/06/get-crafty-friday-27.html

 
site design by designer blogs