Baked Sweet Potato with Rosemary and Butter

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

This is a fairly easy and simple side dish but full of flavor. I love the combination of the sweet potato with rosemary, it adds such a great flavor. Take a look:


Recipe by Sweet Caroline

Ingredients:
1-2 large sweet potato (cut into 1/4 inch tick slices)
2 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
2 medium sprigs of rosemary
Salt and black pepper

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange sweet potato slices in a baking dish, add the butter on top and sprinkle with rosemary leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 18-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve hot and enjoy!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yum! I haven't tried rosemary on sweet potatoes before. I happen to have some sweet potatoes in the fridge, so I think I will try this for lunch.

Theresa Chu said...

That looks simple and child-friendly. Thanks for sharing!

Adelina Priddis said...

I love the color of sweet potatoes. I'll have to try this next week :)
Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

 
site design by designer blogs