Spinach Salad

Thursday, May 30, 2013



I'm on a spinach kick lately, in fact I think I've eaten spinach for the past few weeks straight.
At times I feel like Popeye eating too much spinach, it's absolutely delicious and more importantly it satisfies my hungry stomach.

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
2 eggs
3 bacon slices
1 small white onion,thinly sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 vegetable oil
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon chili powder


Directions:
Cook the bacon in the microwave according to the package direction until crispy. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with enough cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from the heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 8-10 minutes. Remove from water, cool, peel and slice. In a serving dish, arrange the spinach, add the onions, bacon and eggs, drizzle the desirable amount of dressing that you like over the top. Serve and enjoy.


4 comments:

Heather said...

I love spinach salad! But, I don't make it nearly often enough. Definitely will be trying this before our spinach season is gone :-) Thanks for linking up at what i am eating!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Caroline,
Your Salad looks so fresh and delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fabulous weekend.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

forestwoodfolkart said...

This looks divine and healthy too, except, I initially thought the bacon in the picture was smoked salmon, and I think for me that would be a better option as I love seafood!!!( and best keep away from the bacon as I would eat way too much) Thanks!!!

Diane Balch said...

With the eggs it's a complete meal, thanks so much for sharing your salad with us on foodie friday.

 
site design by designer blogs