Orange Cake & Video

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Today's post is a little different from what I usually do, I decided to make a video showing the recipe and I also had a little helper too. The cake itself is very simple but great to serve for breakfast or for an afternoon tea, take a look:



Recipe by Sweet Caroline

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 orange, chopped with peel and no seeds
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
Juice of an orange

Directions:
Add into the blender; eggs, oil, orange and sugar. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl, add flour and baking powder. Using a stand mixer or a hand electric mixer, beat everything well. Transfer batter into a buttered bundt pan, bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. * I forgot to mention in the video * - Let cake cool, remove from pan and pour orange juice over the top. Serve and enjoy!

Did you like the video? Would you like to see more recipes like this one?
Please let me know! 
Thanks :-)

9 comments:

Loni said...

Super cute video! I like the recipe too! Interesting that it uses the whole orange, rind included... Might just make this for my Mother's Day Brunch! :)

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

I love your helper Caroline. Everyone must have orange cake on the brain this week, including me! Thanks for linking up to Thriving on Thursdays.

Anne xx

Jennifer Hughes said...

Visiting from That Friday Blog Hop. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

Jennifer
thejennyevolution.com

Jennifer Hughes said...

Visiting from That Friday Blog Hop. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

Jennifer
thejennyevolution.com

Jessica P said...

This looks great! New follower here from the Friday Blog Hop and The Second Thought (http://thesecond-thought.blogspot.com) :)

Kerry said...

This was so cute Caroline! I loved watching you in action baking away :)

Miz Helen said...

Thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a very special Mothers Day Weekend and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Cathy said...

Found you through Super Saturday Show and Tell. Love your blog!

I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-2.html

Please, invite your friends to party too! The more the merrier!

Hugs, Cathy

Ruthie Knudsen said...

This cake must be amazing!! Thank you for coming to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell last week.. stop on by and share again today! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com I hope you have wonderful weekend! xoxo~ Ruthie

 
site design by designer blogs