My Comfort Salad

Tuesday, May 7, 2013



I don't know if there's such a thing as a comfort salad, but who cares?
This salad is delicious, yummy and yes, it comforts my stomach!
That's for sure!
The ingredients are simple and the apple makes a huge difference in flavor too.

Recipe by Sweet Caroline
Ingredients:
1 romaine lettuce, chopped
1 plum tomato, thinly sliced in rounds
1/2 white onion, diced
1/2 gala apple, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. In a serving bowl arrange the lettuce, tomatoes, onion and apple.
2. In a small skillet, heat oil on medium. Add the garlic, saute until garlic turns into a golden color. Remove from heat and let it cool. Stir in the vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Whisk everything together.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
4. Serve and enjoy.


12 comments:

Jennifer said...

This looks like a good salad. I love apple in my salads; I use it in green salads as well as cole slaw and chicken salad.

Cindy Eikenberg said...

Caroline, this looks delicious! I love anything with apples! Thank you so much for sharing and am pinning! Have a wonderful day. ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

Jeni IGOTTHISMARTHA said...

Sounds very good! I love crispy apples in salads!

Leslie Lambert said...

YUM! This looks absolutely delicious! This would be perfect to link-up to my Create It Thursday post! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-1.html

Anne @ Domesblissity said...

I love onion in a salad. I like the addition of apple too Caroline. Thanks for linking up to Thriving on Thursdays.

Anne xx

Christine @ First Home...Love Life said...

Yum! I can't wait it! I'd love for you to link it up at my party :) http://www.firsthomelovelife.com/2013/05/house-party-2-b-y-o-p-features.html

Miz Helen said...

Thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a very special Mothers Day Weekend and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Marilyn Clark said...

This salad looks amazing..the bite of the onion with the sweetness of the apple..mmmmmm

Marilyn Clark said...

This salad looks amazing..the bite of the onion with the sweetness of the apple..mmmmmm

sue said...

Yum! There's a new Linking Party going on today at : http://thet2women.com/welcome-to-one-sharendipity-place/ and we'd love for you to come join us!

Ruthie Knudsen said...

Your salad looks fabulous! You were featured at Super Saturday Show & Tell today! Stop by and grab a Featured Button http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com Thank you so much for coming to linky party with me :) xoxo~ Ruthie

Steph @ Three Loud Kids! said...

This looks delicious, I have never thought to put apple in a salad.

 
site design by designer blogs