Healthy Meal: Tomato & Carrot Soup (for One)

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I've started this week by trying to eat healthy, let's hope I can make it! I love eating soups and I've come up with this really tasty tomato and carrot soup that be serve either warm or at room temperature, it's really quick and simple. Take a look:



Recipe by Sweet Caroline

Ingredients (1 serving):
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 small carrot, diced
1/2 small white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
Salt and pepper
Spinach for garnish (optional)

Directions:
In a medium pot over high heat, add the tomatoes, carrot, onion and garlic. Cover with enough cold salted water and bring to a boil, gently boil for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, put everything into a blender (be careful 'cause it's really hot!) and puree. In the now empty medium pot, melt butter over medium/high heat. Whisk in flour to create a roux, cook until it's medium brown. Start to whisk in the tomato and carrot mixture slowly, avoiding to create any lumps. Add the tomato sauce, season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnish with little spinach ribbons. Enjoy!


6 comments:

Heather said...

This looks delicious! And I love that it is for one person! Something easy to make for lunch. I would love for you to share this at what i am eating http://www.townsend-house.com/2013/05/what-i-am-eating.html

Carole said...

Caroline, just lovely. It would be great if you linked in to Food on Friday: Carrots & Leeks. The showcases from this Food on Friday have not yet been selected. This link will take you to my home page where you will find a sidebar with links to all the different Food on Fridays. So that I know you have linked and can be sure to pin to the board I have for each one, please do leave a short comment. Cheers

Diane Balch said...

Tomato and carrot what a great combination and a really good recipe to keep for harvest time when we all have a ton of tomatoes at once.

Angelique Ouellette-Tower said...

You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest GFC follower from the “Foodie Friday” blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
Thanks
Angie

Shauna Smart said...

I just saw your yummy looking link over at What's Cooking With Ruthie Link Party and thought I'd stop by and check out your recipe :) I'd love for you to link up with me at The Weekend re-Treat on The Best Blog Recipes going on right now! We're also having a GIVEAWAY this weekend and I'd love for you to enter to win while you were there!

Hope to see you there,
Shauna
http://thebestblogrecipes.com/

Ruthie Knudsen said...

I love healthy soups.... I will have to try this one! Thank you so much for coming to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell! I'd love to have you come and share again today http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com Have a great weekend! xoxo~ Ruthie

 
site design by designer blogs