Cinnamon Shortbread Bars

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

These cinnamon shortbread bars are breeze to make, takes so little effort. At first, I thought this recipe would end up being a recipe fail post because the dough was so soft and crumbly too. But, once I started pressing the dough into the baking pan, everything came together and worked perfectly.

The shortbread is so flaky that it melts in your mouth, they are absolutely d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! They're perfect with a good cup of coffee or a tall glass of milk. Yum!

I found this recipe at the Land O Lakes site.




Ingredients:

Shortbread
2 cups flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Topping
1 tablespoon butter
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all shortbread ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed just until soft dough forms (4 to 6 minutes). (DO NOT OVER MIX.) Press dough evenly onto bottom of lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Stir together all topping ingredients in small bowl; sprinkle over shortbread. Prick dough all over with fork. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack; cut into bars while still warm. Happy Baking!

5 comments:

Maria said...

These bars look delicious! I love shortbread, and love the idea of making it into bars! They sound amazing!

Michelle Lynn Brown said...

These look delicious and sound pretty easy to make. My daughter and I will have to try making them this summer.

Miz Helen said...

Wishing you a peaceful Memorial Day Weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen

Natasha In Oz said...

That looks so delicious! I love shortbread and cinnamon so this is the perfect treat for me! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

If you have a minute to spare I'd be thrilled if you could share this post at my weekly Say G'Day linky party-this would be a perfect addition!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

anyonita green said...

Ah, cinnamon shortbread!? Amazing :) I've tried lavender shortbread, which I really liked, but never cinnamon! I followed you here from Say G'day Saturday, by the way! Also, I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party! I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here's the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/tasty-tuesdays-12.html

 
site design by designer blogs