Carrot, Apple & Spinach Salad

Thursday, May 16, 2013

When I saw this recipe in the Every Day with Rachael Ray Magazine, I knew I had to try it. I made a few tweaks to my likeness and the results were pretty tasty! I love salads that incorporate apples because they add such sweet or tart taste, depending on which apple you use. Take a look:



Adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray Magazine

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 golden apple, cored and thinly sliced
2 carrots, peeled and cut into coins
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
Salt and pepper

Directions:
In a large bowl, whisk honey, oil and lemon juice; season. Toss apple, carrots and spinach with dressing. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve and enjoy!


7 comments:

Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

This looks really delicious. I love apples in my salad.

Brooke said...

This looks so healthy, fresh, and yummy! I always love a new salad recipe. Thanks so much for sharing. Enjoy your weekend!

Diane Balch said...

I like the little surprises of apple and walnut. Thanks for sharing this salad with us on foodie friday.

Grace Wang said...

Yummy! I love when fruit is put into salads :)

Ruthie Knudsen said...

I am in the mood for salads.. this looks fabulous! Thank you so much for coming to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell! I'd love to have you come and share again today http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com Have a great weekend! xoxo~ Ruthie

Garden Chef said...

Had this pinned. Coming from Foodie Friday link up!

Gourmandize said...

Hello Caroline!
Thank you so much again for being a blogger of the day on our site! We are currently hosting a recipe contest in search of the best apple recipe. This recipe would be a great contender! The contest ends 10/10/2013. If you are interested in competing, visit our site to share your favorite apple recipe for a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD!

Lydia

 
site design by designer blogs