Banana-Coconut Compote

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What is a compote? Compote is a dish made from stewed fresh fruits or dried fruits. I love to eat compote with toast or with crackers. It's quite simple to make, simple as 1-2-3. I made a combination of banana and coconut, with a couple simple ingredients from my pantry. It takes about 10 minutes to make. Easy, right? Take a look:



Recipe by Sweet Caroline

(it makes about 1 1/2 cups of compote)
Ingredients:
4 ripe medium bananas, cut into chucks
1 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
4 tablespoons sugar
1/2 tablespoon cloves

Directions:
Put all the ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium/high heat. Stirring constantly until the bananas are completely broken down, about 10-12 minutes. Let it cool, store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator (use within 4-5 days). Enjoy!


2 comments:

Nicole@nicole-southerncharm.com/ said...

I will have to try this out! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully follow me back! Nicole

Miz Helen said...

Caroline, I just love your flavor combination for this compote. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fabulous weekend.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

 
site design by designer blogs