Zucchini & Chocolate Chip Cookies

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I'm always trying to make my kids eat more veggies, since they love cookies so much, I decided to make a cookie that would incorporate some veggie too. The results were great, they loved and swallowed everything. Take a look:



Ingredients:
1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the baking powder, cinnamon, salt and flour, set it aside. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer. Add and beat the egg, vanilla extract and zucchini (make sure to squeeze all the water from it before adding to the mix). Add flour one cup at a time to the batter until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop the dough by the tablespoons onto cookie sheet, leave a few inches between each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool.

4 comments:

KC Coake said...

I love recipes like this, where you add some extra nutrition and don't really notice it. They look so fluffy and yummy!
I would love if you would share this at my link party. http://www.realcoake.com/2013/04/real-family-fun-8.html
Take care,
KC

SimpleeSue said...

I love zucchini bread so these got to be good. Thank you for the recipe.

We may have met by chance....but we become friends by choice.
http://simpleesue.com/french-toast-grilled-cheese-sandwich-with-an-italian-twist/

KC Coake said...

Thanks so much for coming by and linking up! I hope to see you again next week.
KC

Ruthie Knudsen said...

What a fun combination in a cookie... I must try! Thanks so much for sharing at Super Saturday Show & Tell... I'm SO glad you came to (link) party with me! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com xoxo~ Ruthie

 
site design by designer blogs