Homemade Tortilla

Thursday, April 4, 2013

I'd never thought that making homemade tortilla was a easy thing to do but I was so wrong. Not only is easy but I had fun using my rolling pin (I had never used before), it's a great way to get your stress out of the way!

I found this recipe at TastyKitchen.



Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup hot water

Directions:
1. In a bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
2. Add the oil and mix with your fingers until crumbly.
3. Pour in the hot water and mix until a ball is formed. Cover with plastic or a kitchen towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll out on a floured surface, make it as thin as possible.
5. Cook on a hot, ungreased non-stick pan over medium-high heat for about two minutes on each side. Serve warm.

* Tip *:
1. If you prefer and want to make the dough ahead of time you can let the dough rest overnight. I tried it and it works perfectly.
2. Enjoy as tacos, quesadillas, fajitas and burritos.



I served my tortillas as tacos with some white rice and fresh cooked beans. It was delish!



8 comments:

Heather said...

I love homemade tortillas! And they are incredibly easy! I have been considering the purchase of a tortilla press though...it is a lot of work to roll out all that dough :-)

Jack McCallum said...

I have always wanted to try making handmade tortillas. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Daniela said...

mmmmh.. that looks delicious :)I will cook it soon and let you know about the outcome ;)

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Yummy!!!!

Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com said...

Another terrific recipe pinned! ;) Thanks for sharing :)
Excited to have come across your blog this morning!! Now following you via GFC and looking forward to enjoying your future posts! Would love to have you stop by say "hello" sometime. :*)

Have a fabulous day!
Brenda
ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Looks delicious! We'll have to try!

Katie@SimplyCleanLiving

Loretta E. said...

I'm all about doing things homemade when possible! These look like they turned out fantastic :)

Ruthie Knudsen said...

I am SO trying this! YUM!! Thanks so much for sharing at Super Saturday Show & Tell... I'm SO glad you came to (link) party with me! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com xoxo~ Ruthie

 
site design by designer blogs