Barley, Tomato & Chickpea Salad

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Here's another variation salad with barley. I love eating salads with barley because it makes me feel so full after eating it, not to mention how healty it is too. Take a look:


Recipe by Sweet Caroline

Ingredients:2 cups cooked and cooled barley (3/4 raw)
1 can (15.5 oz) chick peas, rinsed
2 plum tomatoes, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
pinch of oregano

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine the barley, chick peas, tomatoes and onion.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss really well. Serve and enjoy.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. Thanks for sharing this one. I'm visiting from the blog hop... Stop by and see me at www.pushingonarope.com...

Cindy Eikenberg said...

Caroline, this looks delicious and the photo is perfect! I love chickpeas so much and am happy to find a new recipe using them! Thanks for sharing and have the best weekend! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

 
site design by designer blogs