White Chocolate Crème Brûlée

Friday, March 29, 2013

I always thought making crème brûlée was too hard and complicated but I was so wrong! It's not only easy but delicious and kind of fancy (at least I think so). This was a completely hit with my family and also made me feel proud of my baking skills! Also, I think it's perfect to serve at Easter or any other party and if you want to make it the night before you can.Take a look:


Recipe by Ghirardelli

Ingredients (makes 6 small or 4 large):
4 egg yolks, at room temperature
1 bar (4 oz.) Ghirardelli white chocolate baking bar, chopped into small pieces
1/3 cup plus 6 teaspoons sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks ans 1/3 cup sugar together until smooth, set aside. In a small pot, bring whipping cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add chocolate to simmering whipping cream, turn off heat and then whisk until melted. Slowly add chocolate mixture to egg mixture, whisking continuously until smooth. Whisk in vanilla. Pour into ramekins. Place ramekins in 9"x13" baking pan or broiler pan. Add enough water so the ramekins sit in 1-1 1/2" of water. Bake until set, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle each ramekin with 1 teaspoon sugar and broil until caramelized. Serve and enjoy! 


4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! This looks amazing! Creme brulee is something I love but have never tried - expecting it to be too difficult. Glad to know it isn't! I would love for you to share this at what i am eating http://www.townsend-house.com/2013/03/what-i-am-eating-guest-post-crazy.html

Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com said...

Your creme brulee caught my eye immediately at the Super Saturday Show & Tell link party! It looks wonderful!! My husband's FAVORITE dessert is creme brulee, but I've never even considered attempting making it myself! Like you, I thought it'd be way to complicated! Thrilled to have come across your recipe :) Pinned! Thanks for sharing! Have a fantastic weekend, Caroline! :)

SimpleeSue said...

Love, love, love, creme brulee. Thank you for the recipe.

We may have met by chance...but we become friends by choice.
http://simpleesue.com/french-toast-grilled-cheese-sandwich-with-an-italian-twist/

Ruthie Knudsen said...

You're creme brulee looks amazing! One of my very faves for sure :) Thanks so much for sharing at Super Saturday Show & Tell... I'm SO glad you came to (link) party with me! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com xoxo~ Ruthie

 
site design by designer blogs