Shrimp Creole (Crock Pot)

Friday, March 8, 2013

Last week the weather changed quite a bit, it was very cold. I remembered seeing Paula Deen making this dish and thought it would be perfect for the cold weather, and trust me, it was!

I love how easy it is to make, just put everything in the crock pot and forget it for about 3 hours. That's pretty easy!

I've adapted this recipe, you can find the original here.




Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup white onion, diced
1/2 cup celery,
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon hot sauce
Salt and pepper
2 (12oz each) frozen shrimp (thawed, peeled and deveined)
Directions:
Pre-heat crock pot on high. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium/high heat. Add peppers, onion and celery. Cook until softened. Add the chili powder and saute until caramelized. Remove from heat and pour into crock pot. Stir in the tomatoes, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 hours on high. Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes. Serve over white rice. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Heather said...

This looks yummy! I love anything spicy! Would love for you to link up at what i am eating http://www.townsend-house.com/2013/03/what-i-am-eating_8.html

Rubbish Removal London said...

Just dropping by from FIND & FOLLOW FRIDAY!

Jane

Sharon Hodge said...

I haven't used my crock pot in a while. I need more recipes that are done in the crock pot. This one looks delicious! I think I might need to pull out the crock pot. Visiting from TMB. Stop by http://makeitorfixit.com when you get a chance.

Nancy Claeys said...

My hubs would love this -- but we would need to get a new crock pot. :)

Visiting from What I Am Eating. Have a great Monday!

Lauren said...

Stumbled upon your blog today from The Stichin' Mommy. Love the title. We have a Sweet Caroline, too. Interestingly enough, I'm Mrs. Brown, who has a "a lovely daughter" named "Sweet Caroline."

Marie said...

That looks so scrumptious!

 
site design by designer blogs