Oatmeal, Strawberry & Banana Parfait

Friday, March 15, 2013

I think a great way to jump start your day is by eating a great oatmeal parfait. This recipe was created by Carine (my sister), the recipe is great, simple, fast and delicious! Take a look:

Parfait in french means perfect and it really is perfect!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup raw oatmeal
1/2 cup peach yogurt
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
1/2 cup bananas, sliced

Directions:
In a bowl, beat the heavy cream until it becomes whipped cream. In a tall glass, arrange a little bit of oatmeal at the bottom, add the peach yogurt, whipped cream, strawberries and bananas. Continue to alternate the layers until it reaches the top of the glass. Serve and enjoy!

A few tips:
- you can use any yogurt that you like
- the same goes for the fruits, just get creative
- you can substitute the heavy cream, for sugar free whipped topping

5 comments:

Heather said...

Yum! I haven't really used raw oatmeal for anything before, but it sounds delicious! I think this would be perfect for my kids! I would love for you to share this at what i am eating http://www.townsend-house.com/2013/03/what-i-am-eating_15.html

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

This looks heavenly - I love the combo of the peaches and oatmeal...beautiful too! Thanks for sharing! I'll be back!
Jessica
www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

Kerry said...

I am definitely making this!!! Oh my gosh it looks and sounds delicious and something I would enjoy!! Thank you :)

Cindy Eikenberg said...

Hi Caroline, popping in from Let's Get Social Sunday. This looks totally yummy! Looking forward to following your blog and will stop in to FB and Twitter too! Have a great day! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

Mara C.G said...

Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on GFC? Please leave me a comment, follow me and then I will follow you back!!! For sure!!

 
site design by designer blogs