Breakfast Series: Poached Egg with Avocado & Toast

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I was little skeptical about the combination of an egg and avocado, but I must confess that I found the combination quite tasty! I don't really have a recipe to share but just a method of doing poached egg. Take a look:



Ingredients:
1 egg
1 bread slice (your favorite)
Avocado slices
Salt and pepper
A dash of vinegar
water

Directions:
Pour three to four inches of water into a big pot. Add vinegar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Crack egg into a cup. Using a spoon, start to swirl the water in the pot and drop the egg right in the middle of the whirling water.  Remove egg with a slotted spoon after three minutes. Arrange avocado slices on the bread and right on top with the poached egg. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!





2 comments:

Amy Green @ Sweet Home Amy said...

I love avocado with egg!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

This looks delicious - I love avocado and think this looks simple and perfect! New follower!
Jessica
www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

 
site design by designer blogs