Arroz Doce (Rice Pudding)

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The other day I was craving for something sweet but I didn't know what to make. I didn't have a lot of ingredients at home because I needed it to go grocery shopping but since I always have rice, milk and eggs at home, it was the perfect combination and day to make rice pudding. Take a look:


Recipe by Sweet Caroline

Ingredients:
1 cup white rice
2 cups water
4 1/2 cups whole milk
2 eggs 
2 cups sugar
2-3 tablespoons ground cinnamon

Directions:
In a large pot, add the rice and water over medium/high heat. Let the rice cook until tender, if rice isn't completely cooked just add more water and cook until tender. Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the eggs and sugar and beat together, set aside. When the rice is tender and the water has completely dried, stir in the milk. Once it reaches a boil, lower the heat. Using a ladle, pour a small amount of milk into the bowl with the eggs and sugar mixture to temper. Stir in the mixture into the rice pot, let it cook until it becomes thick and creamy. Turn off the heat. Pour into a serving dish and allow to get cooler. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Serve either warm or cold. Enjoy!




1 comment:

Kerry said...

Hey Caroline! Happy Easter :)
You have no idea how much I love Rice Pudding and your recipe sounds so easy and delicious!! I can't wait to try it for myself, thank you! xo

 
site design by designer blogs