(Crock Pot) Banana Bread

Thursday, February 28, 2013

The things I learn from Pinterest, I must say! Who knew you can actually bake with a crock pot. The recipe is quite easy and effortless, the banana bread is really moist and delicious. Take a look:


Recipe by Sweet Caroline

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
A pinch of salt

Directions:
Warm crock pot. In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In another bowl, beat sugar and eggs until creamy. Add butter and beat again. Stir in the mashed bananas. Gradually add flour mixture until well incorporated. Pour batter into a warm and buttered crock pot, cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Turn it off and let it cool before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve and enjoy!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome! I have heard a lot about using the crock pot for baking, but have never taken the leap. This definitely looks easy enough! I would love to have you link up with what i am eating http://www.townsend-house.com/2013/02/what-i-am-eating_22.html Or you can wait until tomorrow when the new linky is live :-)

Caroline said...

Thanks, Heather! I'll link up the post. =]

Ruthie Armstrong said...

I love crock pot bread... I am sure this recipe is amazing! I'm so glad you came to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell... come back again next week to party with me again :) xoxo~ Ruthie

Leigh Anne @Yourhomebasedmom said...

I have never made bread in my crock pot but obviously I need too! Looks delicious.
Thanks so much for linking up over at Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party. Hope you'll come back again on Saturday! Leigh Anne

Joy said...

Caroline, I found you on Let's Get Social Sunday, and I'm so glad I did! This crock pot banana bread is such a great idea! I want to try this- especially now that it's going to start getting warmer and I won't want to have the oven on!

I am now following you on Facebook (Yesterfood and my personal account, Joy McElroy) and Pinterest!

Looking forward to more posts!

Joy @ Yesterfood.blogspot.com

 
site design by designer blogs