Breakfast Series: Egg in a Nest

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Egg in a Nest is a classic breakfast and also known as egg in a basket, egg in a hole, bird in a nest and other variations too. I think it's a great alternate way to serve egg and toast, plus it looks pretty on the plate. Take a look:


Recipe by Sweet Caroline

Ingredients (serves one):
1 egg
1 slice of bread (I used whole wheat)
1-2 tablespoons of butter

Directions:
Cut a shape out of the piece of bread, I simply used a knife to make a square shape but if you want to get creative just use a cookie cutter. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Place the bread in the pan, crack the egg in the hole. Let it cook until the bread it's lightly fried and the egg until set. I usually like an over-easy egg, I just flip the bread and egg and let it cook for a minute on the other side. Serve and enjoy!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I used to love this when I was a kid!!

Sarah
anythingbetween

Jazmin @ My Little Memory Jar said...

I've never tried this before! Thanks for the idea!

Justina Marie said...

I love egg in a hole! My grandma used to make it for me every time I stayed with her. I now make them in my household.

Justina @ http://justinawho.blogspot.com/

 
site design by designer blogs