The Pacifier Battle

Thursday, December 13, 2012


I've been battling Sophia's pacifier for a long time. 
I had tried many times without success, 
I would always give in when she started crying and pleading 
with me to please give her binkie (a.k.a. pacifier) back to her.
This week, I had the perfect opportunity and I took it. 
Sophia has the habit of biting her binkie and she made a whole in it. 
I told her that it was her last binkie and mommy needed to throw in the garbage, 
she seemed pretty ok with it until it was bed time. 

She kept asking and asking about it, and I told her that her binkie was in the garbage can. 
She went straight to the garbage can to look and said: oh, no! What am I going to do?
I told her that she would be fine and I put her to bed, 
surprisingly she didn't cry and slept the whole night! 

It was quite different the next day, she asked me a couple a times
during the day and eventually would forget since she was playing
with her toys. But came bed time again and this time - she cried a river.
At that moment I started feeling guilty and I felt sorry for making
her cry. I kept reminding myself that it was for her own good
and I needed to be strong or otherwise I would cave in like the other times.
Eventually, the crying stopped and she fell asleep.
The next day, she asked about her binkie and I told her that it was in the garbage again.
Every time she asks me about it, I give her the same answer.
She doesn't cry anymore and seems pretty ok with my answer.

I guess I've finally won The Pacifier Battle,
now I need to tackle potty training.
Wish me luck!



No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs