A Minnie Mouse Birthday Party

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Last Saturday, we celebrated Sophia's 2nd birthday with a little cookout and of course with cake. Like I said in the other post, we decided to cut back with party expenses and do something small. I was surprised how everything looked perfect for the party yet with so little money.

I decided on the Minnie Mouse themed party since Sophia loves her. I found everything I needed at Walmart, that's right - Walmart! Everything was reasonably priced compared to the other stores: the plates, cups, napkins, plastic table cover, favor bags, some decor, balloons (a bag of 72 balloons for $4.00) and a big bag of candy. The total bill came to $48, I think it was quite a bargain and I got my money's worth.

I created a background using a few pink plastic table covers that I bought at the Dollar Tree. I baked a few candies (recipe here) and we cooked a few hotdogs and hamburger served with chips and soda.

Take a look:

*(all photos taken by Carine - my sister)*


 

♥ ♥ ♥


3 comments:

championm2000 said...

Pinning!!

KERRY said...

I love everything you created for Sophia's 2nd Birthday!! What a beautiful party :)
You guys are a gorgeous family Caroline xo

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

 
site design by designer blogs