Blackberry Cobbler

Thursday, August 2, 2012

I've always felt intimidated to make a cobbler but after seeing this recipe at Pioneer Woman, it seemed pretty easy to make and I decided to give a try. I must confess it was the easiest thing I've ever baked! Now, I can make cobbler anytime I want. Plus, I love the fact that I have a big blackberry bush in our backyard, am I lucky or what?




Recipe from Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter, melted
1 1/4 cup of sugar
1 cup self-rising flour (or 1 cup flour, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt)
1 cup milk
2 cups blackberries (rinsed and pat dry)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a microwavable dish. In a bowl, add 1 cup sugar and flour; whisking in milk. Pour in melted butter, continue whisking until well combined. Pour the batter into a buttered baking dish. Sprinkle blackberries evenly over the top of the batter. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top. Bake 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly.

2 comments:

KERRY said...

I am so going to make this!!! I have always wanted to try cobbler...yummo! I have included this post in a list of my August favourites that I have scheduled in an upcoming post if that is ok?

Caroline said...

Of course, it's okay! :-)

 
site design by designer blogs