Tips To Feed Toddlers

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Feeding toddlers can be quite a challenge sometimes, recently my daughter is going through a phase where she doesn't want to eat her vegetables. Trying to make her eat her lunch and dinner feels like a battle, and she always wins.

Although our doctor has assured us that it's just a phase and it should go away sometime, I still worry if my child is getting the right nutrients that she needs. Luckily, my daughter loves to eat fresh fruits, yogurt, cheese and milk but vegetables are another completely story. Before this phase she didn't have problems with vegetables, hopefully she'll be back to eating everything. Meanwhile, I've been trying to come up with new solutions in efforts to make her eat at least some vegetables.

So, here are some of the ideas that I've come up with:

1. The green juice: that's right! the green juice, it may sound weird but it works wonders. Here's what I do: In a blender, I put about a 1 1/2 cup of orange juice with about 1 cup of baby spinach and just blend until completely smooth. It can be made with different greens with you prefer. For right now, my daughter loves this juice and drinks every drop!

2. Hiding vegetables in the food: I personally don't like hiding things in food because I want my child to learn to love to eat her vegetable and to know exactly what she's eating. But since I believe it's for her own good and it won't be for too long, I don't see a problem. I try to incorporate vegetables into our normal food, example: if I make mac and cheese, I put some puree carrots or cauliflower and she doesn't know the difference. The same thing goes when I am baking a cake or cookies, just put some pureed veggies with the mix. Luckily, the web is filled with many great recipes, just give a try!

3. Make food fun: create fun and appetizing food for kids. I was browsing the web and come across this cute and fun idea, take a look:

Submarine_blog

(these and more can be found at Lisa Storms)


I hope I've given some usable information. So, what tricks do you use to feed your kids some veggies? Please share! =]



No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs