My Thoughts on Motherhood...

Wednesday, June 6, 2012



Being a mom is hard labor, you've to constantly fulfill your kids needs and desires before your very own. Motherhood doesn't come with a handbook with all the answers and challenges that you'll have to face along way, but God grants patience and understanding. Maternal instinct eventually kicks in, our motherly urge to protect and nurture comes full force the very moment your child is welcomed into this world.

Let me tell you something, I don't have all the answers most of the time and I'm finally ok with that. I came to the realization that I'm not perfect but I pray to God that I can be a very good mother to my kids. Give them plenty of love, treat them with kindness and patience, give them my full attention, and raise them to be good kids above all. I can guarantee that there will be hard moments and there will be good moments too. In fact, the good moments cancels out the bad ones.

The best advice that I can give you is: don't compare yourself with other mothers. Everyone is different, every child is different. So, don't compare. And just remember, live your life day by day. What I mean is, if your day doesn't go exactly as you'd planned, it's okay. There's always tomorrow and a bright day ahead.

Also, this is one is very important: always, always find JOY in your child, even when they throw tantrums and you don't know what to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Carol that`s exactly how I feel too!
Joyce Farias :)

 
site design by designer blogs