Quick Weeknight Dinner: Chicken Stuffed with Spinach and Mushrooms

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I usually watch the Food Network channel on daily basis. I love all the shows and whenever I see a recipe that I like, I try to make it at home. I've a tendency to lean towards easy and quick recipes, I don't like recipes that take hours to be done. I'm busy mom, so time is precious. I saw this recipe at 30 Minutes Meals and it seemed pretty easy, I've adapted a few things from the original one. Take a look:



(Adapted from Rachael Ray)

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 white onion, diced
1 cup white mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 cup spinach
1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
large plastic food storage bag or waxed paper

Directions:
1.Place chicken breasts in the center of a plastic food storage bag or 2 large sheets of waxed paper. Pound out the chicken from the center of the bag outward using a mallet. Be firm but controlled with your strokes.
2. In a food processor, add the diced onions and mushrooms. Pulse to grind.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over moderate heat, add the onion and mushroom mixture and let it cook for about 1 minute. Add the spinach, cook until the spinach is completely wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let it cool. Add the whipped cream cheese to everything and mix really well.
4. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Season the chicken breast with  salt and pepper. Place a mound of stuffing on each chicken breast and roll. Place the chicken breasts, seams facing down on a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked. Remove from oven and let chicken rest. Serve the chicken breast whole or slice on an angle and fan out on dinner plates. Enjoy.


No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs