Homemade Ice Cream

Thursday, March 22, 2012

I love trying new recipes, I love when
it actually works and it's delicious too.
I stumbled upon this recipe for homemade
ice cream at Cookies & Cups,
make sure to check this fabulous site.
The recipe is super easy and you can
make into any flavor that you like,
I added strawberry preserves into mine.

Ingredients:
2 cups heavy cream, very cold
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
* optional ~ 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* additional ~ 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves

Directions:
- In your stand mixer (a hand mixer does the trick too) with whisk attachment on high speed beat your cream until it becomes stiff, approx 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Fold in your sweetened condensed milk.
- If you are adding in extras, do that now.
- Transfer to a container with a lid and freeze for 6 hours.

*tips*:
- don't beat the heavy cream for too long, otherwise you'll end up with butter.
- I found this recipe a little too sweet, next time I'll try the sugar free condensed milk.
- Remember this recipe is for a vanilla ice cream, but you can make it to any flavor that you like, just like I did.

Recipe Source: Cookies & Cups
Photo by: Sweet Caroline Blog

4 comments:

Justine said...

Stopping by from the Blog Hop Til You Drop! http://queenofsavings.com

Jessica said...

Gotta love ice cream! Yummy!

Happy Friday! I think this is my first visit to your blog. Please stop by and say hello and follow (if you don't already) my blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

Hope you have a great weekend! :-)

Eveli Acosta said...

Great recipes! New follower from the hop! http://acostaeveli.blogspot.com/

Maia Dobson said...

This is a wonderful ice cream flavor that I could try for my kids. I'm sure they'd love it. As for me, I can't enjoy eating ice cream no matter how much I want to because I have sensitive teeth. I think I better ask for the dentists in Bartlett for a toothpaste that would help cure my sensitive teeth.

 
site design by designer blogs