Day Trip: NYC Part 1

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

NYC is one of my favorite cities to visit.
I live about 2 hours away from NYC, so
I always get a chance to visit this
exciting and vibrant place.

Last week we took a little day trip 
to go sightseeing. We planned to visit
the Statue of Liberty, but to wait in line
was going to be over 2 hours then we decided
to change plans.

We took a few far away pictures of the Statue of Liberty
and decided to walk around NYC instead.
We took the subway and arrived at The Staten Island Ferry,
right by Battery Park.

Here are the places we saw during our little day trip!
(Photos taken by my sister Carine).

1. At the subway. 2. Entrance to the Staten Island Ferry. 3. Far view of the Statue of Liberty.
4. Hubby & I. 5. Cruise to the Statue. 6 & 7. At Battery Park.


The Sphere sculpture at Battery Park.


1 & 2. Beautiful buildings. 3 & 4. Wall Street protest. 5. Trinity Church.

The Freedom Tower and 9/11 sculpture near the site.

At the 9/11 Memorial Preview Site.

I'll post the rest of the photos tomorrow.
 It includes the Empire State Building and beautiful view
 from the top and Times Squares.

2 comments:

Romanian Princess said...

Hi, Nicole here from Romanian Princess. I love your blog, I'm your newest follower! Please come stop by my blog and if you like it, PLEASE follow! Thanks!

www.romanianprincess.com

XoXo Nicole Mariana

KERRY said...

Ok, so I read part 2 first lol but now I've learnt you live only 2hrs from NYC :)
I have seen that spere sculpture on a documentary remembering 9/11. Thanks for sharing your pics...and I always imagine the Statue of Liberty being so so big!!

 
site design by designer blogs