Sauteed Collard Greens

Sunday, September 25, 2011



I love eating collard greens! 
To me, the best way to make it
is to just simply saute,
it's really quick and easy to make.

Ingredients:
- 1 bunch of collard greens, about 1 pound
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 strips of smoked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper

Directions:
Cut the stalks from the collard greens and wash really well to remove the dirt. Dry the leaves well, stack up the leaves and roll up lengthwise in bundle, cut into 1/4 inch ribbons. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium/high heat. Add the garlic and bacon and sauté for about 2 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Add the collard greens and sauté for another 2 or 3 minutes or until greens wilts a little. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.

1 comment:

Frazzled Mama said...

Hi!! I'm stopping by and following from Monday Monkey Blog Hop. I hope you'll check out my blog Frazzled Mama at http://frazzled-mama.com and follow me back.

Hope you have a great week.

 
site design by designer blogs