A Ladybug Birthday Party!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Here's a look at Sophia's 1st birthday party.
It was a ladybug themed party,
the photos were taken by my sister, Carine.
Take a look:

I ordered the cake at our local supermarket,
 it was a vanilla cake with pineapple filling and butter cream icing.

It fitted perfectly with the rest of the decorations.

The painted mural and the balloon arch were done by two friends of mine.
The balloons can be found at Balloons Fast.



The personalized lollipops were from Oriental Trading,
as well the red paper treat bags.

Ladybug decorated cupcakes.
The paper cupcake stand I found at Jo-Ann's for $10, it's from the Martha Stewart Crafts.


♥ Sweets & Sweets ♥


Little party favors, I made it myself just using baby food jars, red spray paint, some ladybug stickers and ribbons. They were filled with gumballs.


The centerpieces and table settings
were alternated with red and white.

The plates, cups, napkins and plastic cutlery set were bought at the Dollar Tree.
It was really inexpensive.

This banner I ordered from Birthday In a Box,
as well the little personalized stickers for the treat bags.

I had a great luck in finding this adorable ladybug dress for Sophia.



Afterall, it was a great party and she had tons of fun!

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hello, I'm following ya officially from Terrific Thursday.. Lovely blog you have here.Can't wait to read more.. Hope you can stop by & visit me sometime / follow back.. TY So much.. Have a great week.Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com

Camilleta said...

Wow, what a great first birthday party! All kids should be that lucky! Too cute with the ladybug theme.

{Inspire Me,Beautiful.} said...

How adorable is that! A lady bug theme! I've got a couple of babies getting ready to turn 1! Of course they are not mine, but a cousin and a friend's baby.
They grow up too fast!

Jessyca said...

Hi! I am a new follower from the Blog Hop, via GFC. Please follow me back at http://jessycaspage.blogspot.com/
Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

What an adorable Ladybug party! I love the baby food jars with gumballs. Great idea! Following your from the blog hop:)
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

esahm said...

What a beautiful party! Happy birthday to Sophia! New GFC follower returning your visit from FNF.

April said...

So cute! Hi! Thank you for following my blog! I am returning the favor. If you’re ever interested in a blog makeover please let me know. Take a look at my portfolio and packages when you get a chance. Have a Sweet Week!

April
A Mommy’s Blog Design Studio
Blog Hops Everyday
Review and Giveaway Blog Directory

Mikki said...

Absolutely adorable! I'm a new follower from Blog Hop Til You Drop! I'd love for you to check out my blog at http://momsbestnest.blogspot.com/and consider following back.

Megan said...

New follower from a Friday blog hop, would love a follow back at realadventuresfromamomof3.blogspot.com

Anitra said...

So creative! I love the bubble gum party favors! I'm a new follower from So followed Saturday. You can find me at TheMamaZone.com

Clumsy Coquette said...

Super cute party! I'm jealous haha.

Stopping by from the Sundae Hop!

~your newest follower

You can find me at www.theclumsycoquette.com

Oriana from Mommyhood's Diary said...

Hi! I am your newest follower via Blog Hop!. What a great party. I hope you get some time to stop by and follow me back at http://mommyhoodsdiary.com
I look forward to reading your posts.
Have a great long weekend!

Jayme said...

What a cute party! A new follower! You can find me at www.uniquepartiesanddesign.blogspot.com

 
site design by designer blogs