Walking Around at Nay Aug Park

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yesterday I had the opportunity of going to the park with the family, it was such a beautiful and hot day to just be outside. I love going to the park during Summer, I love to walk and seeing the great nature scenery. My daughter Sophia still pretty young but I want her to get used of being outdoors with nature. We decided to go to our local park, Nay Aug. We visited the David Wenzel Treehouse set in the woods overlooking the Gorge. Take a look:

Entrance to the Treehouse.
View of the Gorge from the Treehouse.
The little squirrels playing.
Pond in front the museum.
Everhart Museum

Little facts* about Nay Aug:
- Largest park in Scranton, Pa.
- The Gorge was created at the end of the most recent ice age.
- The Everhart Museum was founded in 1908 by Dr. Isaiah Fawkes Everhart.
*facts from Wikipedia*

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs